Mini Surimi & Scallion Egg Patties
1. Beat one egg in a bowl.
2. Finely shred four sticks of surimi into the beaten egg. (If possible, try to look for the Osaki brand as it shreds really finely.)
3. Chop the green part from a stalk of scallion and add to the bowl as well.
4. Add freshly cracked black pepper.
5. Mix it all up, making sure everything is incorporated. The key is to not have too much egg—its purpose is to act as the glue. If you find that there’s still too much egg pooling at the bottom, either add more surimi or scallions.
6. Heat a lightly oiled pan over medium heat. Use a fork, spoon, or chopsticks to place little piles of the mixture into the pan. Form into a patty shape. When the patty is golden brown, flip to the other side. You should be able to make 3 patties.
Try it with steamed rice, a salad, or even by itself. You can also eat it cold!
*This dish would be suitable for pure protein days on the Dukan Diet.
Submitted by @singlegirldin